Re: WindowMaker crashing - debugging

Hi Greg,

On 2014-07-03 18:43:04 +0000 Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:

Now however, I can't reproduce the crash!

That's huge progress.

I made progress with the debugging. With -O0 I get no crash, with -O2 and debug-info I get again.

With the debug info, I now get a usable stacktrace. I posted it to the windowmaker mailing list, but got no answer yet.

#0  fixLeaderProperties (wwin=0x0) at window.c:465
#1 wManageWindow (scr=scr@entry=0xbb442000, window=window@entry=10485773)
    at window.c:737
#2  0x0806eac0 in handleMapRequest (ev=0xbfbfe8a8, ev=0xbfbfe8a8)
    at event.c:621
#3  DispatchEvent (event=0xbfbfe8a8) at event.c:229
#4 0xbbbad544 in WMHandleEvent (event=event@entry=0xbfbfe8a8) at wevent.c:208
#5  0x0806ffa5 in EventLoop () at event.c:402
#6  0x080a4bac in real_main (argv=0xbfbfe988, argc=<optimized out>)
    at main.c:849
#7  main (argc=2, argv=0xbfbfe988) at main.c:649

I suppose that for some reason wwin is null?

(gdb) p wwin
$1 = (WWindow *) 0x0
(gdb) p window
$2 = 10485773
(gdb) p title
$3 = 0xbb152500 "xterm"

I fear only someone with wm knowledge or with a lot of patience can undertand this, I at least found nothing apparent, except that the window is null.

Riccardo