Re: Xfce desktop

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014, at 21:49, ff%freddyfisker.dk@localhost wrote:
> Hi
>
> I had icon problems when I was using /meta-pkgs/xfce4  version 4.6.1
>
> And I tried to install Xfburn-0.4.2 from source with ./configure
> --prefix=/usr  and the icons of Xfburn didn't work. When I tried to
> change
> the configure to ./configure --prefix=/usr/pkg  then the icons of Xfburn
> worked.
>
> I don't know if this can help the icon problem with Xfce 4.10
>
> Best regards
> Freddy
>

> > On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 14:21:08 +0200
> > ff%freddyfisker.dk@localhost wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> When does the Xfce desktop get updated to version 4.8 or higher?
> >>
> >> Best regards
> >> Freddy
> >>

> > There is one person who as tried to fix Xfce 4.10 with pkgsrc.
> > You can find his work at github.com/NetBSDfr/xfce4 .
> > I tried this some time ago and got it to work except that it did not
> > display icons correctly. It does install xfce4 packages from the main
> > pkgsrc causing conflicts. I have forked the above mentioned repo and
> > tried to fix the buildlink files so that they don't install xfce4
> > packages from the main tree. You can find that repo at
> > github.com/niclasr/xfce4 .
> > If someone can fix the icon problem I guess it is almost finished.
> >
> > Best regards
> > Niclas

Actually, I am the one who started this work a (long) while ago.
I have been waiting for feedback for, like, ever. Glad to hear the
 version in wip works OK, and this one is getting there. I knew there
was something incorrect with the icons. I'll get back to it.
Niclas, I'll include your changes, in you don't mind.

Let's get back to work on this one, it's long overdue.

G.