Re: Update deadloop (case-insensitive filesystem issue on Mac OS X)

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 7:53 AM, Sverre Froyen <sverre%viewmark.com@localhost>
wrote:

> On 2014-05-26, at 17:24, Xiyue Deng <manphiz%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 6:40 AM, OBATA Akio <obata%lins.jp@localhost> wrote:

>>> and remove related entries from CVS/Entries too?
>>>

>> Just tried this and still no luck. The newly created folder is still
>> in old cases, and a second run will regenerate entries in CVS/Entries.
>
> This worked for me. E.g.,
>
> $ cd /usr/pkgsrc/net
> $ ls -d t*
> …
> tcpdpriv                tightvncviewer          transmission-gtk
> tcpdstat                tinc                    transmission-qt
> tcpdump                 tinyfugue               trickle
> …
> $ ls -d T*
> Transmission
> $ ls -F Transmission/
> CVS/     patches/
> $ sudo vi CVS/Entries
> (removed the Transmission entry and saved)
> $ sudo rm -r Transmission/
> $ sudo cvs update -dPA transmission
> $ ls -F transmission
> CVS/                    Makefile.common         patches/
> DESCR                   PLIST
> Makefile                distinfo
> $ uname -a
> Darwin abbor-mac.local 13.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.2.0: Thu Apr 17
> 23:03:13 PDT 2014; root:xnu-2422.100.13~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
>
> A subsequent "cvs update" worked as expected.
>
> Regards,
> Sverre

This is the real fix. Thanks so much Sverre. I have fixed all case
changes with the aforementioned method. The following are the packages
that got renamed and gave much headache and I'd like to list them here
in case anyone with commit privilege may want to fix them from server
end.

net/py-METAR -> net/py-metar
net/Transmission -> net/transmission
databases/ruby-DBD-mysql -> databases/ruby-dbd-mysql
databases/ruby-DBD-sqlite -> databases/ruby-dbd-sqlite
databases/ruby-DBD-sqlite3 -> databases/ruby-dbd-sqlite3

Thanks again.