Re: Update deadloop (case-insensitive filesystem issue on Mac OS X)

On 2014-05-26, at 17:24, Xiyue Deng <manphiz%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 6:40 AM, OBATA Akio <obata%lins.jp@localhost> wrote:
>> On Sun, 25 May 2014 11:23:28 +0900, Xiyue Deng <manphiz%gmail.com@localhost>
>> wrote:

>>> Tried that. And surprising the newly created directories are still in the
>>> wrong case, and the same update messages are still there.
>>

>> and remove related entries from CVS/Entries too?
>>

> Just tried this and still no luck. The newly created folder is still
> in old cases, and a second run will regenerate entries in CVS/Entries.

This worked for me. E.g.,

$ cd /usr/pkgsrc/net
$ ls -d t*
…
tcpdpriv                tightvncviewer          transmission-gtk
tcpdstat                tinc                    transmission-qt
tcpdump                 tinyfugue               trickle
…
$ ls -d T*
Transmission
$ ls -F Transmission/
CVS/     patches/
$ sudo vi CVS/Entries
(removed the Transmission entry and saved)
$ sudo rm -r Transmission/
$ sudo cvs update -dPA transmission
$ ls -F transmission
CVS/                    Makefile.common         patches/
DESCR                   PLIST
Makefile                distinfo
$ uname -a
Darwin abbor-mac.local 13.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.2.0: Thu Apr 17 23:03:13
PDT 2014; root:xnu-2422.100.13~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

A subsequent "cvs update" worked as expected.

Regards,
Sverre