Re: Request to update libburn and to package Xfburn

Hi,

my report to pkgsrc-wip-discuss came back:
"
You are not allowed to post to this mailing list, and your message has
been automatically rejected.
"
Computers don't argue.

So i post it here.

Hi,

Thomas Klausner was so friendly to update the packages of libburn,
libisofs, libisoburn to my recent release 1.3.6, and to create a
package for xfburn-0.5.0. Their topic is to create ISO 9660
filesystems and to burn them to CD, DVD, or BD media.

After learning from
  http://pkgsrc-wip.sourceforge.net/
and
  http://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/getting.html
i can report success with installation and minimal runnability
of these packages.

As already stated at pkgsrc-users, i only have a virtual NetBSD
for testing
  $ uname -a
  NetBSD netbsd 6.1.3 NetBSD 6.1.3 (GENERIC) i386
with an emulated CD-ROM drive.

The tests of CLI programs cdrskin and xorriso show that libburn
can perform SCSI transactions with that device. They are able
to fetch the drive's pseudo manufacturer and model name, to
inquire pseudo disc properties, and to read data from the disc.

xfburn-0.5.0 can report that it has no X display (and would
not accept the CD-ROM as usable drive because it cannot burn).

Users interested in xfburn, cdrskin, or xorriso may contact
me for more realistic test proposals.
(We could try to create NetBSD installation CDs. :))

I am now hoping that my NetBSD test user can confirm that xfburn
works properly with CD and DVD media on a real burner drive.

To increase his motivation, i could need advise about how to
upgrade the wip package to xfburn-0.5.2.
Would it suffice to bump up version numbers in Makefile and
distinfo, and to compute new sizes and checksums ?

Have a nice day :)

Thomas