Re: Request to update libburn and to package Xfburn

Hi,

> > So NetBSD is fully supported now, like
> > Linux, FreeBSD, and Solaris.

> Great, thank you for adding support for NetBSD!

It suffices to have one user who is willing to test. :))

> I've updated the packages to the listed versions.

Thanks from upstream.

> I've also made a package for xfburn-0.5.0 using the minimal
> dependencies to make it package correctly.
> Let me know how it goes!

I'm too unexperienced with NetBSD and pkgsrc, obviously.

My  /usr/pkg/etc/pkgin/repositories.conf  has
  http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/i386/6.1.3/All
and
  $ pkgin update
  $ pkgin in libburn
reports
  libburn is not available on the repository
uname -a says
  NetBSD netbsd 6.1.3 NetBSD 6.1.3 (GENERIC) i386

I would be able to follow clear instructions, if somebody shows
mercy.

Xfburn tests request will have to be forwarded to my NetBSD user.

But he would rather be interested in xfburn-0.5.2 for its new
Blu-ray support. xfburn-0.5.0 on libburn-1.3.6 can do Blu-ray,
but refuses on sizes larger than DVD+R DL (unless hacked).
Also it cannot format newly bought BD-RE media.

Freddy agreed to make tests. Let's see how the wider xfce upgrade
will work for him.

Regrettably i cannot install NetBSD on my test machine (amd64, BIOS)
because the upstarting kernel wants keyboard input but the keyboard
is mute. (The machine runs Linux, FreeBSD, and Solaris just fine.
Only unusual configuration is PS/2 keyboard + USB mouse.)

So i can only work with a virtual NetBSD on an (old) Qemu.
This suffices to exercise the SCSI transaction interface with
the virtual CD-ROM, but gives few fun with Xfburn.
(Would NetBSD be able to use the virtio interface of Qemu which
 can forward a real DVD burner to the virtual machine ?)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas