Re: firefox: search box not working, some plugins not working

On 13 April 2014 08:25, Thomas Klausner <tk%giga.or.at@localhost> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> For about a couple of weeks, the search box isn't working for me in
> firefox (currently firefox-28.0nb2, on NetBSD-6.99.40/amd64).
>
> I can enter text there, but when I press enter or click the search
> button, nothing happens.
>
> A second problem I see is that some extensions don't work, for example
> ghostery. In the terminal where I started firefox I see:

Have you tried backing up your old .mozilla profile and create a brand
new one? Or starting in safe mode?

> currently firefox-28.0nb2

On a side note: why isn't the binary for this package propagated
properly across mirrors? I'm using a German mirror and this package is
not available, despite having a valid time stamp:
ftp://ftp7.de.netbsd.org/pub/ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/MIRROR-TIMESTAMP

> NetBSD-6.99.40/amd64

Where do you get 6.99? Is this the shortcut for -current?

--
Ottavio