package failures related to -current freetype updates, etc.

With pkgsrc-2014Q1 (and "pkgtools/x11-links" from HEAD), while updating
the selection of packages I typically use, the following fail to detect
freetype2 headers/libraries on i386-6.99.38:

  gd
  imlib2
  xdvipdfmx
  libwmf -- which in turn causes failure of:
    gimp
    openimageio
    xsane
    sane-frontends

Further, the following packages fail due to a missed substitution in one
or more of their Makefiles:

  xdvik
  xetex
  inkscape

These fail because a linker command line contains "%LIBS_CONFIG%" instead
of a list of valid "-lxxx" library specifcations.