Re: lang/python27: (patch) RPATH breaking build with previous installed python27

Matthias Ferdinand <mf+ml.pkgsrc-users%netzwerkagentursaarland.de@localhost>
writes:

> Should be possible to add the --enable-new-dtags option only for glibc
> systems. Cannot say if fixing the RPATH/LD_LIBRARY_PATH issue will
> remain the only side effect of that flag. Might break someone elses
> installation that relied on LD_LIBRARY_PATH being ignored by pkgsrc
> packages. Might as well have more subtle failure cases while packages
> using RUNPATH are mixed with ones using RPATH.

It might be good to have generalized support in pkgsrc for working
around the issue by using RUNPATH for whatever combinations of
compiler/libc have this bug.  That sounds better to me than munging a
specific package, in terms of solving the right issue.