Re: Pdftottext and doc2html

On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 10:50 AM, Ottavio Caruso
<ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:
> Question: how would you normally search for a string of text in all PLIST
> files?
> For example, I was looking for which package contains 'pdftotext' but
> I had to use to google to find it.

Probably the easiest thing if you have pkgsrc on your box:

$ cd /usr/pkgsrc
$ fgrep pdftotext */*/PLIST*

It seems to me that pkgsrc.se also supports searching package contents, no?

> Second thing: 'doc2html' incorrectly reports pdftotext in its description:
> http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/current/pkgsrc/converters/doc2html/DESCR
>
> but it's not in the list of installed files:
> http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/current/pkgsrc/converters/doc2html/PLIST

That's a bug. I think it used to be part of the package but then got
moved into poppler-utils, as you found out.

--Benny.