Re: Missing dependency in lang/gcc-aux: converters/libiconv

from Thomas Klausner and my previous post:

> On Fri, Dec 06, 2013 at 12:58:33PM +0000, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> > Since I've been unable to update NetBSD-current from source with base gcc,
> > I could try to build clang in pkgsrc and use that.
>
> > I guess I'd have to set
>
> > CLANGBASE=/usr/pkg
>
> > as well as
>
> > HAVE_LLVM=yes
>
> > in /etc/mk.conf
>
> > Would that persuade build.sh to use pkgsrc clang instead of base gcc?

> No. CLANGBASE is only for pkgsrc.

> > Or would
> > MKLLVM=yes and
> > HAVE_LLVM=yes
> > cause build.sh to build clang first and then use that to build NetBSD all
> > in one run?

> My build.sh commandline contains (among others)

> sh build.sh ... -V MKLLVM=yes -V HAVE_LLVM=yes ...

> where MKLLVM says that I want to build and install clang, and
> HAVE_LLVM means that I want to use clang to build NetBSD.

> /usr/src/BUILDING has all the details.
>  Thomas

I just looked in build.sh, /netbsd-HEAD/usr/src/BUILDING (UPDATING too),
man make, man mk.conf, and there was nothing on clang or anything with
string "LLVM", unless it was added in the last two days.

So where do I find all the details, or do I build the pkgsrc version
and use that with HOST_CC and HOST_CXX?

Tom