Re: ECDH support for sendmail, again

John Nemeth <jnemeth%cue.bc.ca@localhost> wrote:

> } Sendmail CVS is not public, unfortunately.
>      That begs the question of how you got access?

Nothing extraoridinary: I submitted the patch, the committed version was
given back to me.

> As the pkgsrc maintainer, it is quite likely to be something that I should
> be looking at.  Certainly having a proper reference would be nice.

I suggest "Patch from sendmail CVS", but if you want anything more
precise, you will have to talk with sendmail people. I must confess I
assumed you were OWNER because you had some insider access.

>      As for the patch itself, I will have to look at it closer and
> consider the implications of it.  I really don't like the proliferation
> of options that you have been bringing.  If this is something that
> doesn't cause harm (or have any downside), then I'm more inclined
> to just simply enable it all the time.

No problem for me. I just added a pkgsrc option for each sendmail
option, but we could have a jumbo ffr, or just always enable them. All
the FFR TLS features have to bee enabled in the config file anyway.

>      BTW, as mentioned before, mail about sendmail should be sent
> to the address specified in the OWNER= variable and nowhere else!
> This mail came in on an address that I use primarily for mailing
> list mail and/or random junk mail, and thus has a low priority.

pkgsrc-users@ is spam? :-)
I changed your address in the recipient list to match what is in OWNER.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz