Re: ECDH support for sendmail, again

On Nov 28,  2:14am, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
} Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:
}
} > Presumably there isn't yet an upstream release with this, and the patch
} > will get dropped when upstream does have a release?
}
} That's it.
}
} > It would be nice to have a link to the upstream patch somehow, but given
} > that it's from upstream that doens't seem crtiical to me.
}
} Sendmail CVS is not public, unfortunately.

     That begs the question of how you got access?  As the pkgsrc
maintainer, it is quite likely to be something that I should be
looking at.  Certainly having a proper reference would be nice.

     As for the patch itself, I will have to look at it closer and
consider the implications of it.  I really don't like the proliferation
of options that you have been bringing.  If this is something that
doesn't cause harm (or have any downside), then I'm more inclined
to just simply enable it all the time.

     BTW, as mentioned before, mail about sendmail should be sent
to the address specified in the OWNER= variable and nowhere else!
This mail came in on an address that I use primarily for mailing
list mail and/or random junk mail, and thus has a low priority.

}-- End of excerpt from Emmanuel Dreyfus