Re: Mac OS X Mavericks has no gnutar

On 26/10/13 19:57, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
>>    I notice that the same file has:
>>
>> .if exists(/usr/bin/bsdtar)
>> TOOLS_PLATFORM.bsdtar?=              /usr/bin/bsdtar
>> .endif
>>
>>    Should there be the same condition for gnutar?
>
> Yes, then pkgsrc will pull in gtar from pkgsrc as appropriate.  Can
> you verify this fixes the problem (I'm still on Lion myself)?

   Yes; it fixes the problem (gtar is automatically built is a build
dependency).

   Also, while I'm at it, after the upgrade to Mavericks I got an error
which stated that a functional dlopen() was required when I tried to
build a few packages. "man dlopen" revealed that, indeed, I had no
dlopen, which was kind of surprising to me considering that I was
certain I had used it before.

   Turns out one needs to download and install the Xcode command line
tools for Mavericks (I thought the one I installed for Mountain Lion
would still be there, but I guess the fact that the OS version is in the
file name should have been a hint..). Anyway, I mention it for the
archives in case someone searches for the error.

   /Jan