Solaris 10 binary pkgsrc set?

I've installed a new x86 Solaris 10 in a VM but was annoyed to discover
that sunfreeware is now a paid service.

Given my history with NetBSD I'd prefer to try getting pkgsrc running on
this host, but I'm struggling to get that working as documented.

The 'supported platforms' section of http://www.pkgsrc.org/ claims
'9,800 pkgsrc-2013Q1 binary packages for Solaris / illumos / SmartOS'
however the linked page[1] seems to only refer to binary packages for
Illumos and SmartOS - are there equivalent Solaris 10 binary package
repositories?

I'd prefer to use pre-built binaries if possible rather than compile
pkgsrc packages.

I did have a shot at installing the Illumos bootstrap, however I suspect
the binaries that are built for this assume a different library ABI
which is tagged ILLUMOS_0.1:

|# pkgin -y update
|ld.so.1: pkgin: fatal: libc.so.1: version 'ILLUMOS_0.1' not found (required by
file /opt/pkg/bin/pkgin)
|ld.so.1: pkgin: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory
|Killed

As an aside, Solaris binaries can be compiled against particular library
ABI versions as part of Sun/Oracle's goal for supporting old binaries
on new platforms. Are there any in common with those on Illumos/SmartOS
that were present before these forked from Solaris? Would it make sense
to compile for those library ABI versions?  That could help resolve this
issue as (I'm guessing) binaries compiled for any platform would be
compatable (more or less) ... given the OS-agnostic nature of most of
the packages in pkgsrc, this should be good enough to get most things
working without issues, as far as I can tell

Regards,
Malcolm

[1] http://www.perkin.org.uk/posts/whats-new-in-pkgsrc-2013Q1.html

--