Re: graphics/wxsvg : distinfo changed

On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 09:38:38AM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 10:21:05AM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> > Seems one of those times when distinfo has changed upstream without
> > changing the revision number.
> >
> > Following is a patch for updating the distinfo.
> >
> > Please incorporate if appropriate.
>
> When this happens, we do the following things:
>
> 1. ask upstream to not do that, and explain why not (how can we tell a
> trojaned distfile?)

Seems the maintainers already answered that here:

http://sourceforge.net/p/wxsvg/discussion/424987/thread/1cb04391/

The post claims there was only a change in execution flag of configure
script. No sources were changed. But see the next point.

While no packager in the world would like such a thing, we are already 3
releases behind the latest. So not much point in talking with them about
this. But we can treat this as an acknowledgment of them having changed
the code.

> 2. compare the old and new tarballs; if that's ok:

The diff seems to be more than above post claims, but still not in the
"source".

$ diff -rq old new
Files old/wxsvg-1.1.14/aclocal.m4 and new/wxsvg-1.1.14/aclocal.m4 differ
Files old/wxsvg-1.1.14/autogen.sh and new/wxsvg-1.1.14/autogen.sh differ
Files old/wxsvg-1.1.14/configure and new/wxsvg-1.1.14/configure differ
Files old/wxsvg-1.1.14/ltmain.sh and new/wxsvg-1.1.14/ltmain.sh differ
Files old/wxsvg-1.1.14/m4/libtool.m4 and new/wxsvg-1.1.14/m4/libtool.m4
differ

> 3. set/update DIST_SUBDIR, and then regen distinfo, so that people who
> have the old tarball do not have to manually remove it before refetch

How should such a SUBDIR be named? Haven't done this, so not sure. But
seems it's not worth it now since this is already an old release. May be
we should update straight to the latest i.e. 1.2.

Mayuresh