vim-xaw users out there?

Hi there,

I'm wondering if people are successfully using vim-xaw from the
last pkgrsc release branch on, say, netbsd-6/amd64? Somehow I
can't get to have keyboard focus on mine. vim-gtk2 works flawlessly.
I've moved away my .vimrc; I've checked my window manager's settings..
I can't see why vim-xaw would not want keyboard focus. Given that vim-gtk2
works for me, I'll use that now. I'm curious about the vim-xaw issue
though...

This is vim-xaw-7.3.653 off of pkgsrc-2012Q3 sources (no update pending)
on NetBSD 6.0_STABLE amd64 from Nov 12 netbsd-6 sources.

Regards,
-Martin