Re: Strange firefox behaviour

On Sat, 20 Oct 2012 07:07:16 -0700 (PDT)
Paul Goyette <paul%whooppee.com@localhost> wrote:
> I recently upgraded all of my 300+ packages to pkgsrc-2012Q3, and I'm
> seeing some very wierd stuff in firefox.  It would be nice to know if
> anyone else has seen anything similar - even nicer if there is a
> known cure!
>
> The worst problem is:
>
> At unpredictable times, some of the hyperlinks' text will suddenly be
> displayed as a solid rectangular area, rather than as text.  Usually,
> the entire text block is affected, but sometimes it affects only the
> upper or lower portion.  And usually the solid color is black, but I
> have seen shades of gray and blue.

FWIW I am also seeing this.  I thought that it was due to some strange
video card issue.  I just installed NetBSD -current on this server and
so I had no previous NetBSD history on it.  I didn't relate it to
Firefox because I thought I saw it in other programs as well but I
can't recall them now.  Opera does not seem to have this issue.

I am going to install Thunderbird and see if that has the same
behaviour.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/ IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost