Re: Removing arts, aalib from default options

On 10/20/2012 13:24, Thomas Klausner wrote:
Hi!

I'd like to propose removing
     arts (sound system used by KDE3)
and
     aalib (ASCII Art library)
from the default-on options to the default-off options.

Reasoning:

KDE3 is on the way out; the few people still interested in it can add
"arts" to their default options.

aalib never was very useful, it was just a fun hack.

The loss is clear, what's the anticipated gain?
To lessen the dependencies to build KDE3?

I am only wondering about arts, you can kill aalib as far as I am concerned.