Re: pkgsrc-2012Q3 packages for illumos now available

* On 2012-10-11 at 08:53 BST, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 7:57 PM, Jonathan Perkin
> <jperkin%joyent.com@localhost> wrote:
> > Installation instructions are available here:
> >
> >   http://www.perkin.org.uk/posts/pkgsrc-2012Q3-packages-for-illumos.html
>
> JFYI. You may find useful pkg_setup script I whote some time ago.
> It is in othersrc/usr/sbin/pkg_setup.
>
> http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/~checkout~/othersrc/usr.sbin/pkg_setup/pkg_setup?rev=1.4&content-type=text/plain&only_with_tag=MAIN
>
> Idea is to install pkg_install package instead of unpacking a tarball.
> pkg_install is always up to date in binary repository.

Thanks, but this doesn't offer any enhancements over my current method
and it would need modifying to work on Solaris (e.g. avoiding ftp(1)).

My bootstrap kit comes with the current pkg_install, and also a fully
configured pkgin package, so users can start pkgin right away after
pasting that one command.

Regards,