Re: issue with atk on pkgsrc-2012Q1

Matthias, all
I found another problem (and the solution maybe?) related.
Fontconfig issue.

When i did launched the amule executable i received a warning

Pango-WARNING **: failed to choose a font, expect ugly output

and all the characters were substituted with square rectangles.
Fontconfig was installed as part of the dependencies to resolve BUT

/usr/pkg/bin/fc-match was not able to find any font.

fontconfig default file /usr/pkg/etc/fontconfig/fonts.conf

stated that fonts must be in

        <dir>/usr/pkg/lib/X11/fonts</dir>
        <dir>/usr/pkg/share/fonts/urw</dir>
<dir>/usr/pkg/share/ghostscript/fonts</dir>

no one of these 'pkg fonts folders' did exist at that point in my
infrastructure.

i had to create fonts inside /usr/pkg/lib/X11 and copy inside the
fonts from the linux distribution (they were in /usr/share/fonts)

Maybe these folders must be created by installing fontconfig or maybe
fonts.conf should point to existing folders.
Shouldn't also be a nice idea to install by default also a font as
part of building fontconfig ?

kind regards
Luca

--
"tempo" e "voglia" sono sinonimi nel 90% dei casi
http://www.sironi.tk