Re: Unprivileged pkgsrc and multiple mk.conf files

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012, at 11:07, OBATA Akio wrote:
> Please make sure you are using bmake from bootstrap (~/pkg/bin/bmake)
> to build packages. (or MAKECONF=~/pkg/etc/mk.conf with system `make'
> may also works).

Thank you. I was under the impression bmake is just for pkgsrc on non-
NetBSD systems. I have now had some success using bmake but I had some
problems as well. I am investigating these now. With much trial and
error I also found out that custom values in /etc/mk.conf seem to be
honoured. That was my biggest frustration - setting the preferred domain
in MASTER_SITES to .ie seemed to have no effect beforehand but other
custom values in the file are honoured so I'm happy to leave that
problem for now.