devel/elib won't install with GNU Emacs 24.0.94.1

Dear all,

I hope that is the right list for my problem. I've recently tried to
install the package `devel/elib'. But my attempt failed presumably
because this package requires an Emacs version older than 24:

0 $nih install elib
Getting a list of installed packages...
Generating an update plan...
   R:1 U:1 A:0
   R:2 U:2 A:0
   R:2 U:2 A:0
d: not_found emacs>=23.2<24 <- devel/elib elib-1.0nb6

And I'm currently using Emacs 24.0.94.1:

$emacs --version
GNU Emacs 24.0.94.1
GNU Emacs comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
You may redistribute copies of Emacs
under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.

Is it really necessary to have an older version of Emacs for that
package or is this requirement out of date?

Here are some technical details, if you need them:
0 $uname -srm
NetBSD 5.1.2 amd64

0 $nih -V
nih-0.10.0

$cat /usr/pkg/etc/nih/config
# -*-mode: sh-*-
REPOSITORY='ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/5.1'

With kind regards,
Vladimir