Re: openoffice: no pyuno in PLIST?

Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> writes:

> On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 11:37:24PM +0400, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
>> > I have reached point of no return with NetBSD 6.0 (BETA)! Will have to
>> > wait for libreoffice to work or openoffice to fix pyuno unavailability,
>> > whichever is earlier.
>>
>> OpenOffice just takes some patience to build.
>
> OpenOffice built without any issue anyway. Did you mean libreoffice?

When I write "OpenOffice" I usually mean OpenOffice.
If you want Python support there, add it.

What you need is:
- add python dependency (check how it is done in other packages);
- find configure flag that turns it on, if dependency isn't picked up
authomatically;
- make package build and install with PKG_DEVELOPER=yes;
- convert your modifications to option;
- submit modifications.

You can find details in documentation or in other similar packages.

> For libreoffice, reached the following point by now:
>
> => Verifying package-install for ../../wip/libmythes
> make: don't know how to make package-install. Stop
>
> This seems a removed package. Either some dependency to it is stale or I
> got to do clean somewhere or clean-depends in libreoffice.

When package is removed commit message explains the reason usually.
WIP repository is public, you can even use web interface to learn what
happened to some particular package.

> So it's going to be a little time taking ...

Yes, OpenOffice isn't small, it takes time.
Though it takes less time these days than five years ago.

--
HE CE3OH...