Re: Upgrade sysutils/puppet to 2.6.13

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 03:53:31PM +0100, Stephan Tesch wrote:
> I haven't tested the package on NetBSD, since I only have Solaris
> x86 servers running so I'd appreciate any remarks for non-Solaris
> installations.

Alas, Puppet 2.6.7 does not fully run on NetBSD out of the box.  To
get puppetmaster to start successfully, we had to patch a few provider
files for useradd and groupadd, and another change or two that I don't
recall offhand.  If someone out there plans to maintain it I can send
you our patches to give you a head start.

        -- Ed