misc/koffice - krita slow to startup

Hi,

I've recently have a need to use krita and I've found a problem.

Under NetBSD 5.0.1 and I think 5.1 but I'm not certain, krita takes 10 minutes
to start up.

It seems to spend most of its time in startup in _rtld_sym functions as far as
I can tell with gdb.  After searching around I found this thread:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-userlevel/2010/02/24/msg003325.html

And so I tested it with current (5.99.51) and krita only took 5s.

Is there anything that can be done to the package or kdelibs3 or can I rebuild
ld_elf.so from current sources integrated into my NetBSD 5.0.1 source tree?

Would that cause problems or am I safe in doing so? (same functions and
parameters etc)

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Nat.