Re: pkgin hangs during download phase

On Tue 11 Oct 2011 at 16:25:56 +0200, iMil wrote:
> Nevertheless, you may want to give a try to the soon-to-be-released
> 0.5.1 available in pkgsrc-wip, which includes many new features
> along with massive speed improvement.

I'll try pkgin again with the next stable branch, when I'll have a real
update task again. I tried it this time, but not with much success. I
didn't keep detailed logs though so I can't give you a proper bug report
:-(. What generally happened was that some packages were updated but not
all. For instance, firefox was updated but not sqlite3, which it
depends on. I was already wondering why it was done so much quicker than
pkg_chk, which I normally use!

Maybe I did something wrong. One thing that I could not find was how to
make the pkg_summary.bz file; I guessed that I had to "pkg_info -X * |
bzip2 > pkg_summary.bz2" in the All/ directory with packages.

For a repository with a file:// URL, the download step can be skipped, I
think.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- There's no point being grown-up if you
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- can't be childish sometimes. -The 4th Doctor