pkgin hangs during download phase

I'm seeing a problem with pkgin hanging during the download phase. Small jobs that require only a few packages will complete just fine, but a big job will download parhaps 8 packages and then hang every time. It stops in between downloads, so a package will download to 100%, but then it will fail to start the next one. Has anyone seen this before?

I'm running pkgin-4.2 from binary 5.1-2011Q1. The system is amd64 in PV'd DOMU using 5.99.56 kernel.

-d