Re: Advice sought: which X11 for NetBSD 5.* (going forward) ??

On Fri, Sep 09, 2011 at 07:22:59AM +0200, Ian D. Leroux wrote:
> I think that's part of (why) the choice exists.  Now as to which X to
> choose, all I can say is that I've quite happily run the NetBSD base X
> for years, partly because it's available out-of-the-box and just works
> for me.  YMMV.

Your explanation is pretty much correct. The choice only exists
effectively for x86 machines (and maybe macppc). Which is better might
depend on your hardware and who has won the update race at the
particular point in time you want to update (to me it looks like in
-current the in-tree version is usually pretty close following upstream
nowadays).

Martin