Re: What platforms work with X11_TYPE=native

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 10:07 AM, David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost>
wrote:
> Would it be possible that you may have had some existing data left in
> work directories, or some package such as x11-links already linked
> against the native X11 libraries?

I am pretty sure that I had no working directories left. But x11-links
was probably already installed. I'll have to check later.

> It should be perfectly possible to have a full X install and still use
> X11_TYPE=modular - after all, that is what most people using modular
> on !NetBSD have...

Agreed. I have another NetBSD machine that I use to crosscheck the
packages I build under Solaris, and there I have set X11_TYPE=modular
right from the start. None of the libraries or binaries installed
under /usr/pkg references /usr/X11R7.

--
Joern Clausen
http://thebloeg.blogspot.com/