Re: afterstep build broken due to libpixman missing

On Sat, 2 Jul 2011 23:53:13 +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger
<joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 02, 2011 at 02:40:03PM -0500, Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:
> > So why doesn't this work?  Is there something wrong with the libcairo.so
> > from
> > .buildlink/ such that the dependecy gets lost?
>
> There are two different versions of pixman in NetBSD 5.1 land -- xsrc
> and pkgsrc. The xsrc version is older and missing a bunch of
> functions...
>
> Joerg

ew... that sucks.
I suppose the ultimate way to fix this would be for
/usr/X11R7/lib/libpixman-1.so.1
to be part of a package that conflicts with the one in /usr/pkg, but shouldn't
pkgsrc be preferring the libraries from /usr/pkg anyway?

It seems like we potentially have the same problem with a bunch of other
libraries too.  On my system, the following libraries are present in botho
/usr/X11R7/lib and /usr/pkg/lib:

libGL
libGLU
libGLw