Re: recent ccache trouble?

At Wed, 30 Mar 2011 10:23:31 -0400,
Greg Troxel wrote:

> Your results are interesting; of the 18 real compiles you're seeing 17
> direct hits and 1 preprocessed hit.
>
> I turned on CCACHE_LOGFILE, which I missed the first time through the
> docs.

in the meantime I also turned on CCACHE_LOGFILE and, starting from an
empty file, I see only eight compiles in the log file + one call for
link. Of the eight, seven result in direct hits, one results in a
preprocessed hit. This is of course unrelated, but likely another
bug.

[..]
> On my mac, with ccache 3.1.4, it looks for a different hash every time,
> with or without CCACHE_SLOPPINESS set to everything.  With ccache 2.4
> (which was in pkgsrc until 2011-03-02), I get the expected caching
> behavior (18 hits per build).  Turning on CCACHE_SLOPPINESS makes the
> next run not hit, but then future runs hit, presmably based on the
> alternately-hashed objects with the __TIME__ not expanded.

What do you find in the log file on the NetBSD machine you used for
comparison earlier?

[..]
> What OS version, cpu arch, etc. are you running?

NetBSD/amd64 5.0.2

Best regards,

Marko