Re: libffi won't build on SunOS (Openindiana/Illumos)

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 11:07 AM, Mads Worsøe Duun <mads%worsoe.dk@localhost>
wrote:
> Thanks Tim, but unfortunately no solution. The strange thing is, that I only
> get this error when using a gcc from pkgsrc (gcc34). If I compile using the
> host compiler everything is just fine. After switching to pkgsrc gcc I've
> rebuild devel/libtool-base, converters/libiconv, devel/gettext-lib,
> devel/gettext-tools, but that seems not to be all that needs to be rebuild.

If you switched to gcc right away after bootstrapping, those are the
only packages that need to be rebuilt. The link error is not caused by
any other package, but the compiler itself.

> Any suggestions?

Not really. It seems, several people have managed to use lang/gcc44 as
compiler under Solaris, or even gcc45 from wip. IIRC the fix for
"relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable sections" is
not really that hard, but I was never able to find the right place to
insert the fix in pkgsrc.

--
Joern Clausen
http://thebloeg.blogspot.com/