Re: Problem compiling gtexinfo on Interix 6.1 (64 bit)

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 02:05:35 +0900, Carson M. Chittom
<cmchittom%att.net@localhost> wrote:

I?m trying to use pkgsrc on Windows 7/Interix 6.1 64-bit (amd64).  Since I'm
a stable kind of guy, I downloaded the 2010Q4 tarball and started the pkgsrc
bootstrap, which failed with

ar: Either the AR_LIBRARIAN environment variable must be set
ar: or you must include the directory containing 'lib.exe' in PATH

For 64bit SUA 6.1, /bin/ar is just a wrapper script for LINK.EXE,
same as that /bin/cc is for CL.EXE/LINK.EXE.
It is not usable unless you have Visual Studio (or something else).
(msc support for pkgsrc is not committed yet though).

Can anybody point me in the right direction?  I'm under the impression that
lots of packages depend on texinfo, so I think I need to fix this before I
go any further.  As I said, I'm no programmer, but I'll be glad to test
anything sent me.

How about put "/opt/gcc.3.3/bin" before "/bin" for your $PATH settings?

--
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost