Re: perllocal.pod

matthew sporleder <msporleder%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> I just added wip/maatkit and pkglint told me I shouldn't have
> perllocal.pod in my PLIST but I'm not sure of the right way to get rid
> of it.
>
> It's not a perl module, but a collection of programs that happen to be
> written in perl, so the usual perl build stuff didn't work.

It may be that the pkgsrc infrastructure is overly aggressive about
assuming modules, or that pkglint is.   I ran into problems with
different kinds of python modules (setuptools, distutils) and needed to
tweak the infrastructure slightly.

You could also get upstream to make it a module.
graphics/p5-Image-ExifTool puts a script in bin but does so within the
module build system.