Re: Something is very wrong with lang/kaffe

On Thu, Dec 09, 2010 at 09:14:14AM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Dec 2010 04:25:22 +0900, Francois Tigeot
> <ftigeot%wolfpond.org@localhost>
> wrote:
>
> >  cd ../generated;   /usr/pkgsrc/wip/jdk15/work/bin/java -classpath .
> >  MakeDeps
> >  diffs UnixPlatform platform.current includeDB.current
> >  /usr/pkgsrc/wip/jdk15/work/hotspot/build/bsd/platform_amd64 includeDB
> >  Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
> >  Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
> >  java/lang/StackOverflowError
> >  This error may occur because the stack size is not sufficient.
> >  Try to increase the stack size using 'ulimit -s' or with the '-ss'
> >  option on kaffe.
> >  [1]   Segmentation fault (core dumped) /usr/pkgsrc/wip/...
>
> How about set following?
>
> UNLIMIT_RESOURCES+=   stacksize

I don't believe the stack size has a direct relation to the crashes. The
error message is often different from time to time:
Another example:

  cd ../generated;   /pkgsrc/wip/jdk15/work/bin/java -classpath .
  MakeDeps
  diffs UnixPlatform platform.current includeDB.current
  /pkgsrc/wip/jdk15/work/hotspot/build/bsd/platform_i486 includeDB
  Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
  Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
  java/lang/NullPointerException
     at gnu.classpath.SystemProperties.getProperty (SystemProperties.java:123)
     at java.lang.VMClassLoader.<clinit> (VMClassLoader.java:83)

The only thing way I have found to complete a jdk build, is to recompile the
kaffe binary. This is why I think there is some sort of miscompilation /
memory corruption going on.

--
Francois Tigeot