Re: Getting pkgsrc

from "Hans Jacob Zachariasen" <hjzach%gmail.com@localhost>:

> Is it possible to make installing and tracking "pkgsrc-current" as easy as it
> is in DragonflyBSD?

> I'm new to the BSD world. I've tried the other bsd's, but found that NetBSD
> was the right choice for me.

> I just like DragonflyBSD's way of fetching pkgsrc. Very convenient.

> As root:

> # cd /usr
> # make pkgsrc-create

> to fetch the intial pkgsrc repository from the net, or

> # cd /usr
> # make pkgsrc-update

> to update.

> Edit /usr/Makefile to select a different download location, if desired.

> This downloads the absolute most recent version of pkgsrc. In a production
> environment, you may want a more stable release. Check the section below for
> more details.
> Copied from "http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/howtos/HowToPkgsrc/";.

> If not. Is it possible to use fossil to track "pkgsrc-current", think I saw
> some discussion about it here somewhere. Am not fond of CVS.

> Sorry if I'm not being clear. English is my third language:)

No doubt I will not be alone in saying you need to check the pkgsrc guide, easy
to find from NetBSD web site (click on Software Packages).

I did the initial download by ftp from ftp.netbsd.org, got the current version
rather than the quarterly.

I never tried CVS but intend to see how this works for pkgsrc update.

Does DragonflyBSD have a file /usr/Makefile?  I have never seen such a file
before in this directory location.

Tom