Re: How to set individual package options?

"OBATA Akio" <obache%netbsd.org@localhost> responded:

> 'show-depends-option' and 'build-vars' build target may help you.

Yes, this looks helpful, thanks.  I'll try when I get back to NetBSD, am in
Linux now.

Maybe I need to bootstrap too?  Pkgsrc guide seemed to suggest bootstrapping
was for non-NetBSD only, but I see where it might be useful to choose
directories and also get example mk.conf.

I have NetBSD 5.1_RC4 on hard disk partition and 4.0.1 on 4 GB USB stick, would
want to use the same pkgsrc on the hard drive rather than duplicate on USB
stick.  I get strange screen-blanking problem in 5.1_RC4, which is the reason
for my continued interest in 4.0.1.  I could set work directory to work401 and
work51 in NetBSD 4.0.1 and 5.1_RC4 respectively, and I don't need to keep
distfiles in duplicate.

If vesafb stuff is commented out in kernel configuration file for 5.1_RC4,
computer freezes immediately when I go into X, and I have to hit Reset or power
off/power on.

If I use vesafb stuff, screen goes blank after about one-half minute, does not
come back in response to keyboard but does come back if I type "screenblank -u"
at a command prompt, so I have to be sure to keep a command-prompt virtual
terminal open at all times.  I can go into X and not get this screen-blanking
problem, or maybe I didn't wait long enough, but then I get a blank screen
except for a rectangular cursor when I come back to text console, so when I go
into X, there is no going back to text console, though "shutdown -r now" works.

I don't get this problem, or I got past it, in 4.0.1.

So that's why I might still have use for 4.0.1 on USB stick.  Or I could burn
my bridges on NetBSD 5.x in favor of 6-current and stilluse the same pkgsrc.

Tom