Re: ushyphmax.tex still missing

Hi Greg!

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 12:13 PM, Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:

> Jörn Clausen <joernc%googlemail.com@localhost> writes:
>
>> After seeing that a bunch of TeX related packages were updated, I had
>> hoped that pkg/43915 would get fixed. Unfortunately, things seem to
>> have gotten worse: When rebuilding these packages, errors like
>>
>> (/usr/pkg/share/texmf/tex/generic/hyphen/hyphen.tex)
>> ! I can't find file `ushyphmax.tex'.
>> <to be read again>
>>                    \relax
>> l.407   \repeat
>>
>> Please type another input file name:
>> ! Emergency stop.
>>
>> can be seen. They are not caught, i.e. the packages are built and
>> installed, but probably not working.
>>
>> It seems the hyphen file used to be provided by print/tex-hyphen-base,
>> but was removed from that package at some point. I have no idea what
>> the current distribution path of american english hyphenation patterns
>> is in TeX Live, but pkgsrc needs to catch up with it.
>
> I had a similar problem, but the issue turned out to be stale state in
> /usr/pkg/etc/texmf referring to a file that should no longer present.  I
> removed all my tex packages, cleaned out everyting in etc/texmf, and
> reinstalled from the binary packages I had saved when updating, and then
> all was well.

I did this right now. As far as I can see, all TeX related packages
installed fine. Or I didn't see any errors, but it was again doxygen
that now bailed out with

(/usr/pkg/share/texmf-dist/tex/generic/hyph-utf8/loadhyph/loadhyph-ru.tex
Russian Hyphenation Patterns
! I can't find file `ruhyphen.tex'.
l.28     \input ruhyphen.tex

as the package print/tex-ruhyphen was not installed. After installing
the package manually, I got

(/usr/pkg/share/texmf-dist/tex/generic/hyph-utf8/loadhyph/loadhyph-uk.tex
Ukrainian Hyphenation Patterns
! I can't find file `ukrhyph.tex'.
l.29     \input ukrhyph.tex

I think this will go on for some time...

--
Joern Clausen
http://thebloeg.blogspot.com/