Re: editors/abiword versus pixman_image_set_destroy_function, pixman_image_composite32 and pixman_image_fill_boxes

On Mon 01 Nov 2010 at 08:19:33 -0400, Ian D. Leroux wrote:
> What version of NetBSD are you running?

I'm still at 5.0.1. I'm going to skip 5.0.2. and directly to 5.1, when
released.

> This looks very much like a
> problem several of us have had: as of the latest quarterly branch,
> pkgsrc uses more recent x11 pixman libraries than those provided in
> the 5.0.2 base system, and while the pkgsrc pixman libraries get
> pulled in automatically, some packages see the base libraries first
> and try to link against them.  See the threads "Is pango still
> broken?" and "Travails of the pixman upgrade." on pkgsrc-users@

That sounds like it must be the same thing.

> The workaround is to move the pixman libraries in your base x11
> installation for the duration of the package build.

Will just the libraries suffice or would I need to move the headers as
well? I'm trying the former now; I still had my work files so a make
command will just continue where it left off and re-try the link that
failed.

In fact, that has finished by now, and the resulting binary indeed uses
the pkgsrc version of the library, even if I put the old ones back in
/usr/X11R7/lib. I'll try actually running it later when I'm in front of
X.

> I don't know that anyone has found a proper fix except upgrading the
> base system to 5.1

Fortunately I do my compiling in a pkg_comp sandbox, so moving aside
libraries won't hurt the running system. I can leave them moved aside,
too, if that is better for future builds.

> Ian Leroux
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- There's no point being grown-up if you
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- can't be childish sometimes. -The 4th Doctor