Re: How to skip 'make package' during a package installation?

Hi,

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 15:21:27 +0900, Rui-Xiang Guo <rxg%lavabit.com@localhost>
wrote:

Hi, all.
When I try to install a package, I find that the pkgsrc will
force me to 'make package' automatically. Because I do not need to
make a package always, I intend to skip this manually.
I find that if I added '_USE_DESTDIR=yes' when I type 'make install' will
accomplish this. But maybe it is not a proper way.
Is there any 'correct' method to do that?

I assume that you are using PKG_DEVELOPER=yes.
You can back to old style installation with USE_DESTDIR=no.

Another question: what's the different between 'make package-clean' and
'make package-remove'?
I see such comment in mk/package/bsd.package.mk -

As the comment said, that's all.
You can see the different with doing "make package" after those target.

It seems that they do the same thing. However, both of them just remove
the 'real' file under All subdir and do not remove the symlink under the
category subdir.

It should be fixed.

--
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost