Re: Old Binary Packages/Sources (NetBSD/i386 1.5.3)?

From "The Beyonder" <beyonder04%yahoo.co.uk@localhost>:

> Were you referring to some kind of Linux Emulation for old packages?

> But would was that feature available in NetBSD/i386 1.5.3?
> [ http://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-linux.html ]

> Or even better, were you referring to stealing the sources from the Slackware
> 7.0 distribution and attempting to compile nativly?

> Now you're just coming up with stronger arguments to make us reconsider
> returning back to Slackware 7.0!

> Unfortunately we have yet to discover a public archive of old pkgsrc binaries
> and until we get time on another machine to attempt a possible bulk build
> with (potentially) distfiles / sources from Slackware 7.0 we are conceding
> that a re-installation of Slackware 7.0 on the machine (together with it's
> age related binaries) is probably the least processor/memory intensive way to
> obtain the greatest functionality (when compared to the NetBSD/i386 1.5.3
> current alternative).

> The flag has fallen :(

> However that said we would like to thank everyone for all the help they've
> provided.

I thought you were attempting to see how you would compile the Slackware 7.0
packages into NetBSD binaries.  If you want to run Slackware 7.0 binaries,
Slackware 7.0 figures to do a much better job than NetBSD 1.5.3, with a good
chance NetBSD 1.5.3 would be completely unable.

Tom