Re: Old Binary Packages/Sources (NetBSD/i386 1.5.3)?

Hi,

> > Not sure if there are still so old binary packages lying around. You
> > could check out an old pkgsrc branch and compile it. You can check out
> > a specific branch like this
> >
> > cvs update -dP -rpkgsrc-2010Q2
> >
> > Try figure out the name of an old branch.
>
> 2000 is older than our stable pkgsrc branches (began in 2003 I think).

That are all (?) available TAGs:

pkgsrc-2010Q2-base
pkgsrc-2010Q2

pkgsrc-2010Q1-base
pkgsrc-2010Q1
pkgsrc-2009Q4-base
pkgsrc-2009Q4
pkgsrc-2009Q3-base
pkgsrc-2009Q3
pkgsrc-2009Q2-base
pkgsrc-2009Q2
pkgsrc-2009Q1-base

pkgsrc-2009Q1
pkgsrc-2008Q4-base
pkgsrc-2008Q4
pkgsrc-2008Q3-base
pkgsrc-2008Q3
pkgsrc-2008Q2-base
pkgsrc-2008Q2
pkgsrc-2008Q1-base
pkgsrc-2008Q1

pkgsrc-2007Q4-base
pkgsrc-2007Q4
pkgsrc-2007Q3-base
pkgsrc-2007Q3
pkgsrc-2007Q2-base
pkgsrc-2007Q2
pkgsrc-2007Q1-base
pkgsrc-2007Q1
pkgsrc-2006Q4-base

pkgsrc-2006Q4
pkgsrc-2006Q3-base
pkgsrc-2006Q3
pkgsrc-2006Q2-base
pkgsrc-2006Q2
pkgsrc-2006Q1-base
pkgsrc-2006Q1
pkgsrc-2005Q4-base
pkgsrc-2005Q4

pkgsrc-2005Q3-base
pkgsrc-2005Q3
pkgsrc-2005Q2-base
pkgsrc-2005Q2
pkgsrc-2005Q1-base
pkgsrc-2005Q1
pkgsrc-2004Q4-base
pkgsrc-2004Q4
pkgsrc-2004Q3-base

pkgsrc-2004Q3
pkgsrc-2004Q2-base
pkgsrc-2004Q2
pkgsrc-2004Q1-base
pkgsrc-2004Q1
pkgsrc-2003Q4-base
pkgsrc-2003Q4

netbsd-1-6-RELEASE-base
netbsd-1-6-1-base
netbsd-1-6-1
netbsd-1-6
netbsd-1-5-RELEASE
netbsd-1-5-PATCH003
netbsd-1-5-PATCH001
netbsd-1-4-PATCH003

Can't he check out netbsd-1-5-RELEASE?

> Many of old distfiles referenced may simply be missing from original
> download sites and maybe our distfiles is incomplete for 2000.

He would manually need to find files and download them into distfile/.

 Stefan

--

Scotty: Captain, we din' can reference it!
Kirk:   Analysis, Mr. Spock?