Re: Old Binary Packages/Sources (NetBSD/i386 1.5.3)?

> > One reason we went with NetBSD/i386 1.5.3 was that [
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NetBSD ] states that 1.5 was released
> > "December 6, 2000" and [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slackware ]
> > states that Slackware 7.0 was released circa 2000 (a little before
> > if we can read the figure correctly).

I don't understand why. You may want to use recent supported NetBSD and
provide feedback on how it does or doesn't work well with your old
system.

> > Please could some wise people (or other entities) point us in the
> > correct direction and shed some light/insight into where these
> > binary packages (and their corresponding /usr/pkgsrc/distfiles
> > sources) may be hiding?

The old packages are removed, maybe someone has some available but not
on the normal mirrors.

> Not sure if there are still so old binary packages lying around. You
> could check out an old pkgsrc branch and compile it. You can check out
> a specific branch like this
>
> cvs update -dP -rpkgsrc-2010Q2
>
> Try figure out the name of an old branch.

2000 is older than our stable pkgsrc branches (began in 2003 I think).

Many of old distfiles referenced may simply be missing from original
download sites and maybe our distfiles is incomplete for 2000.