Re: how to build outside WRKSRC?

On 6 August 2010 19:20, Thomas Klausner <wiz%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 06, 2010 at 07:02:24PM +0200, Pouya D. Tafti wrote:
>> I am trying to create a package for ParaView [1]. ÂParaView uses
>> CMake, and needs to be built somewhere other than in its source dir.
>> What is the canonical way of doing this in pkgsrc?
>
> There's some support for cmake in pkgsrc, which is used e.g. by kde4.
>
> Setting USE_CMAKE to yes should be a good first step; you can use
> CMAKE_ARGS to pass overrides to cmake, if you need to.

Thanks.  I'm not at all familiar with cmake; however, I am already
using USE_CMAKE and CMAKE_ARGS to set various build options of
ParaView.  But I was hoping there would exist a straightforward way to
do an out-of-source build using pkgsrc Makefiles.  With my previous
Makefile fragment ${WRKDIR}/ParaView-bin is created and populated
correctly, so that running make under it would work.  But I cannot
figure out how to tell pkgsrc to do-build there instead of under
WRKSRC (or maybe I've got things completely backwards...).

I forgot to mention that I also tried setting WRKOBJDIR, but make
would then complain about a recursive WRKDIR.  Then I somehow figured
that WRKOBJDIR is meant as a global pkgsrc setting.

Thanks again,
Pouya