Re: cups 1.4.3 working on usb?

When I started using cups for a printer (I managed to avoid it before),
I noticed that it worked only if I just pretended there was no USB
involved and used a file: URL

DeviceURI file:///dev/ulpt0

instead of whatever you get when you tell cups there is USB involved.
That was for cups 1.3.x, but maybe it still works?

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert    -- You author it, and I'll reader it.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl      -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.