Re: Pkgsrc on linux, defective by design ?

> Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> writes:
>
>> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 04:53:29PM +0200, Youssef Ghorbal wrote:
>>>     Appending of -L/usr/lib64 will alwas lead to linking against
>>> native libs when they are present on the system which not always
>>> desired.
>>
>> Sadly there is not much we can do it. If the infrastructure doesn't
>> add it for the sake of some dependencies with builtin magic, many
>> programs will do so to be helpful. The design breakage is actually
>> with the GNU folks when they decided to add another system location,
>> but didn't handle it like /usr/lib. /usr/lib is special as it will
>> practically be dropped.
>
> There has to be some approach that would help.  Linux / Centos is a very
> popular platform, it would be a shame to declare that pkgsrc won't work
> there because of this one issue.

I'm agree with you. As I stated in another message. This can be fixed by
commenting two lines in pkg.buildlink3.mk file.
This is just a hack, but I can see an IF statment around these two lines that
tests if we are running on Linux plateform. Or even a pkg.buildlink3.mk file
generated without these two lines by the bootstrap process on Linux Plateforms.

Youssef