Re: updating COMPAT_LINUX for linux 2.6.x support.

On 3 May 2010, at 3:32, Chuck Silvers wrote:
> (1) what linux distribution do we want in the pkgsrc packages?
>    the tradition has been SUSE, so I assume we'll want to use SUSE 11.x?

That is actually minor concern. I picked SuSE as the base for the
package a long time ago because it was the Linux distribution
we used at work.

One could argue that we should continue to use a ".rpm" based
distribution because we have "rpm2pkg". But considering that the
RPM version in "pkgsrc" is ancient it probably doesn't matter.

If somebody provides better Linux kernel support I could probably
be convinced to write "deb2pkg" which would allow us to provide
Debian based Linux emulation packages.

        Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                           http://zhadum.org.uk/