perl 5.10 question

I've just updated to the current version of perl, and suddenly I'm getting an error message I've not seen before:

{122} zcat /var/log/authlog.0.gz | /etc/sshdict.perl
Insecure $ENV{PATH} while running with -T switch at
/usr/pkg/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/Date/Manip/TZ.pm line 588, <DATA> line
335.
Compilation failed in require at /etc/sshdict.perl line 58, <DATA> line 335.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /etc/sshdict.perl line 58, <DATA> line 335.
{123}

The perl program is indeed using -T, as it always has, but perl never before complained while running the previous pkgsrc version (5.8?)

I'm not at all sure why I'm getting this message (I've read and tried to understand the "taint" stuff from reading the perlrun man page, but it's not being well-absorbed), and I'm getting it even if I've set my $PATH to null!

I could easily remove the -T from /etc/sshdict.perl but I'd really rather find an understandable explanation of why this is suddenly an issue?

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:      |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul at whooppee.com   |