a little idea that need help to grow or to be put in a trash

Today I've done an install of NetBSD 5.0.2 and as usual I installed a
lot of software through pkgsrc, and as usual some dependency leads to
an error when doing multiple compilation at the same time ( A and B
needs C, A and B will try to compile C without checking if other jobs
are already doing this, and both crash because of write error). So, I
was thinking, why not putting a locking file in the work directory
that say "hey you, someone is already doing the job" so make pause and
wait that the locking file disappear (when the job is done) to
continue it's own work... I have an idea how to do it, but I wanted to
know if it's a good idea to start or not...

--
Thomas "Lug Ar Bleiz" Nivelet
---